søndag 30. oktober 2011

# a day's work, on top!

Hey you!!
I've gotten a lot of quiestions lately on what being the Secretary general of Plan Norge was like, so I'm going to put it down on paper so I don't have t explain it seven thousand times a day!!

The day started at 05:45, and I actually felt awake when my alarm clock went of, that's a first! By 06:55 I was on the train on my way to Oslo S where I arrived at 07:08 and met Unni from Plan Norge. We walked up Karl Johan (a street) to the studio's belonging to TV2 (TV channel) where I first got interwied on the news channel, and then on Go' Morgen, Norge! (Good morning, Norway!, it's a talk show, sort of). I was super nervous and excited, but it all went very well. I hadn't gotten any media briefing, because Fredrikke (responsible for the OD-day) was going to answer all quiestions about details and the project, and all the quiestions I was going to be asked were ones I could answer on my own, so when the news-guy asked me what the situation in Rwanda was like, everyone panicked! Luckily for me I came prepared and knew that because of the genocide in 1994 and the following HIV/AIDS epidemic, over 50% of the people living in Rwanda are under 18 years of age, and many of the familys are so called childrenfamilys, meaning everyone in the family is under 18 years old. Yay me!
Helen Bjørnøy (the real General secretary of Plan Norge) and me.

Then we went to Plan Norge's offices, attended meetings, got interviewed by a newspaper called Vårt Land who followed my from TV2 until lunch time. After lunch I attended some more meetings and went to a meeting with a commercial company called Kitchen, it was really exciting actually!


I had a great day, learned a lot actually. Hope you all had a great OD-day and enjoyed helping people who nedd help! Remember that our everydays are their dreams!

# TTYL

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar